Welcome to the WGRGF Terri Grier Memorial Scholarship Program
Throughout its existence, the Washington Government Relations Group Foundation’s (WGRGF) Terri Grier Memorial Scholarship Program has helped a number of African-American college students throughout the country to achieve their academic goals by providing timely financial assistance. Eligible students can receive up to $5,000.00 towards books, tuition and/or other college expenses if you meet the requirements as outlined below and apply by April 30,2021.
The scholarship program is open to African-American graduating high school seniors, as well as full time students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in public policy, public administration, political science, community engagement or other advocacy disciplines. Students who are studying other disciplines may be eligible to receive financial assistance by indicating how you will use your education to be an advocate.
Remember, you can never have too much money for college so take a moment and review the criteria. We will award two (4) scholarships. If you qualify make sure you apply before the application deadline on April 30, 2021.
- Be a United States resident;
- Be African-American (Black);
- Be a graduating high school senior with plans to attend college in the Fall of 2021 or current full time student enrolled in an accredited college or university in the year of the award;
- Demonstrate a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in community/public service, issue advocacy, research, extracurricular, and/or other activities;
- Demonstrate courage of conviction, persistence, and determination in the pursuit of his or her goals; and
- Demonstrate a commitment to a career in government or the nonprofit and advocacy sectors.
How to Apply?
- Complete the online application form.
- Letter of recommendation: Select an educator/college professor, administrator, counselor, employer, or individual with significant knowledge of your experience and public service engagement to submit a letter of recommendation.
- Transcript: You will be asked to upload your most recent academic transcript with cumulative grade point average and a class standing/rank.*
- Personal Essay: Please select one of the essay questions and follow instructions as outlined on the application form. Remember, your essay should be thorough and concise.
- If you have any questions regarding the application, please contact Adam Hunter at email@example.com or Sean Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline to submit the online application is April 30, 2021. Applications and supporting materials submitted after this date will not be considered.
Meet the requirements?
Ready to apply? Click below to begin the application.