Through the Washington Government Relations Group Foundation’s (WGRGF) Terri Grier Memorial Scholarship Program you can receive $5,000.00 towards your books, tuition and/or other college expenses.
The scholarship program is open to full time minority students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in public policy, public administration, political science, community engagement or other advocacy disciplines.
Remember, you can never have too much money for college so take a moment and review the criteria. We will award two (2) scholarships. If you quality make sure you apply before the annual application deadline in May.
- be a United States resident;
- be a member of an ethnic minority group:
- African-American (Black)
- Asian and Pacific Islanders
- Hispanic/Latin (Black, White or Asian)
- Indians (Western and Eastern)
- be enrolled in an accredited college or university in the year of the award;
- demonstrate a 3.0 or higher GPA for two consecutive academic years at the undergraduate level;
- demonstrate leadership skills through participation in community/public service, issue advocacy, research, extracurricular, and/or other activities;
- demonstrate courage of conviction, persistence, and determination in the pursuit of his or her goals; and
- demonstrate a commitment to a career in government or the nonprofit and advocacy sectors
How to Apply?
- Complete online application form.
- Select one individual to complete a reference survey to be submitted by either a college professor, administrator, counselor, employer, or individual with significant knowledge of the applicant’s experience and public service engagement
- An official and recent college transcript with cumulative grade point average and a class standing/rank.*
- Personal Essay In your essay, please answer the question directly in the application.
- If you have any questions regarding the application, please contact Sean Burns at email@example.com
- The deadline to submit the application and receipt of supporting materials is Friday, May 3, 2019. Applications submitted and supporting materials postmarked after this date will not be considered.
*Please submit an official and recent college transcript, with cumulative grade point average via U.S. mail to:
WGRG Foundation Terri Grier Memorial Scholarship
ATTN: David Youngblood
The Madison Group
1030 Fifteenth Street, NW │Suite 1080 West Washington, DC 20005 firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the requirements?
Ready to apply? Click below to begin the application.
To be filled out and submitted by either a college professor, administrator, counselor, employer, or individual with significant knowledge of your experience and public service engagement.