Through the Washington Government Relations Group Foundation’s (WGRGF) Terri Grier Memorial Scholarship Program you can receive $2,000.00 towards your books, tuition and/or other college expenses.
The scholarship program is open to full time minority students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in public policy, public administration, political science, community engagement or other advocacy disciplines.
Remember, you can never have too much money for college so take a moment and review the criteria. If you quality make sure you apply before the annual application deadline in May.
- be a United States resident;
- be a member of an ethnic minority group:
- African-American (Black)
- Asian and Pacific Islanders
- Hispanic/Latin (Black, White or Asian)
- Indians (Western and Eastern)
- be enrolled in an accredited college or university in the year of the award;
- demonstrate a 3.0 or higher GPA for two consecutive academic years at the undergraduate level;
- demonstrate leadership skills through participation in community/public service, issue advocacy, research, extracurricular, and/or other activities;
- demonstrate courage of conviction, persistence, and determination in the pursuit of his or her goals; and
- demonstrate a commitment to a career in government or the nonprofit and advocacy sectors
How to Apply?
- Completed application form.
- Letter of application addressed to the Scholarship Committee. The letter should contain a brief explanation of career goals and biographical (background) information.
- Three (3) letters of recommendations in a sealed envelope and includes his/her signature across the sealed flap of the envelope.
- A college transcript with cumulative grade point average.
- Personal Essay. In your essay, please answer the question on the enclosed essay form.
- Mail completed application to:
WGRG Foundation Terri Grier Memorial Scholarship
ATTN: David Youngblood
The Madison Group
1030 Fifteenth Street, NW │Suite 1080 West
Washington, DC 20005
Meet the requirements?
Ready to apply? Click below to download the application.